Here I am with part two of a round up of the empties I had towards the end of 2014. This includes hair and make up products. I know it’s not just me, but I always have a larger amount of make up empties when I clear out my mascaras. Otherwise it’s only one or two items, if I’m lucky!
- Klorane Dry Shampoo – I recently did a post about my top 5 dry shampoos, and this was included, check it out here.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo- Batiste was also included in my top 5 dry shampoos (I wouldn’t buy this scent again though)
- Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal Conditioner- Awful. Made my hair a heavy mess.
- Herbal Essences Naked Moisture Collection Shampoo and Conditioner- As a pair they were really nice, and the conditioner was moisturising without being heavy, but I hated the way the shampoo made my hair feel . That gave my hair that ‘squeaky’ feeling. And as a side note, I’m unsure how I feel about it being marketed as silicone, paraben and colorant free, but still contains SLS. Now for me it’s not a deal breaker (I appear to have no issues with SLS on my skin). But I know many people that would find it frustrating, as it would be possible that SLS could be more irritating than the other items ‘removed.’
- RPR Protect my Hair Thermal Defence Spray- This took me a LONG time to get through. and towards the end, I felt it may not have been as effective, giving off an increased alcohol like scent. Since then, I’ve found much better heat protectants.
- Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo- I’ve reviewed this product in detail here.
- Kerastase Reflection Shampoo- It was a lovely shampoo, might have been more effective on my colour if I had used a conditioner to help lock my hair’s colour more.
- Kerastase Nutri Thermique Treatment- This was a huge let down. For it’s price, I would have expected a lot more, as i have found treatments half the price of this that make my hair feel better. Sad, because I love other products in this range like no other.
- Lush Big Shampoo- Still love this as a clarifying shampoo, and my in depth review can be found here.
- Make Up For Ever HD Primer- I really like gel consistency moisturiser and primers, so this felt lovely on my skin. But I don’t know if it made my make up stay on any longer than other primers I have purchased. I did tend to stop the dry flakiness I’m prone to getting though. But I think I’ve found my HG primer, so this probably won’t be a repurchase, also since this isn’t the easiest to get a hold of here in Australia.
- Max Factor Clump Defy- My most favourite everyday mascara is from Max Factor, and I thought this might be similar to the Covergirl Clump Crusher, but this one seemed to irritate my eyes, so a no go for me.
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Max (normal and waterproof)- Both versions were really flakey, it ended up transferring really quickly.
- Revlon Lash Potion Mascara- I freaking love this mascara! The brush is bristly, and I just love the way it makes my lashes look. Will be getting this again (but waiting for a sale! haha)
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (15- Fair)- I’ve heard comments that this is a dupe for the NARS creamy concealer, but I haven’t had the chance to give that one a go, but I know that I love this. It’s a great all rounder, I can use this under my eyes and an any redness, and it covers up so smoothly, My ned repurchase is between this and the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer that I’m almost out of.
- Rimmel Sexy Curves Full Figure Mascara- The formula was nice, I found the brush too difficult to use. Not enough bristles and the wavy-ness of the wand got to me.
So that’s it for most of my 2014 empties (The others will just be included in my next post). 2014 was certainly a year of trying to downsize the amount of products I had, and I felt like I did a pretty good job (my shower caddy thanks me!). Did you do the same, what’s your aim for 2015?